The role of Cover Supervisor is suitable for candidates with a range of background experience.
- You could be interested in training to teach, in which case this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
- You could be a qualified teacher, who is looking for a change of role and/or less responsibility.
- Maybe you are already working with groups of young people and are looking for a fresh challenge.
Each day you will work as part of a highly committed and positive team to support our students across a range of subjects. You will be excellent at building relationships and supporting our students to succeed. This will often include helping them overcome barriers to their learning.
We have a superb record of sustained improvement, reflected in our recent results. Oversubscribed and popular in the town, it is our vision and ethos that all students receive the best possible education and opportunities. We believe staff are our greatest asset and as a staff team, we are whole- heartedly committed to student progress and well-being; we ‘go beyond our best’. Being a national research school and having our own SCITT (School Centred Initial Teacher Training) means we are offering unparalleled professional development opportunities for our staff.
What can Durrington Multi Academy Trust offer you?
- Opportunities to develop in role and promotion for staff with the zest and desire to progress in their career. This is a role that could eventually lead to teaching and you would be well placed to apply to train to be a teacher with us, through our outstanding SCITT.
- The opportunity to work with amazing young people and colleagues who are passionate about what they do.
- A happy school; relationships are very strong between staff and students.
- Health, well-being and work-life balance are extremely important to us. All staff are part of a health insurance scheme, have access to a range of support from external agencies and a free flu vaccination. We are always reviewing and seeking to provide additional benefits for staff.
- A fabulous modern and light working environment on a spacious site with on-site parking and rail and bus links close by.
If you feel that you can bring something special to our school and Trust, we want to hear from you now!
Applicants must complete the application form and supporting statement (max. 2 pages A4) and return it to email@example.com or via post to Aggie Gemel, Durrington High School, The Boulevard, Worthing, West Sussex, BN13 1JX.
If you have any questions about the role, please email Aggie Gemel, Executive Assistant, in the first instance – firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 9am on Friday 9th June 2023.
Durrington High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. We support all staff and volunteers through regular training and expect everyone working at the school to be proactive and adhere to our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy at all times.
In addition to the statutory pre-employment checks, this appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and a safeguarding background check and interview.
Durrington Multi Academy Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome the unique contributions that everyone can bring to Durrington Multi Academy Trust in terms of education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expressions, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
DMAT DHS Application form for Associate staff